Given the uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic, here’s our new normal:
Updated: Monday, 23rd March 2020: We’re shut keeping in mind the government guidelines and will stay shut till 31st March 2020, and beyond that, follow directives of the government. Stay safe.
- Restricting retail hours: Starting Saturday, 21st March, we are restricting entry of customers to the store to 3pm-5pm.
- We will continue to accept bikes for service. You can drop your bicycle off or pick it up only between 3-5pm, Tuesdays to Sundays.
- On working days, from store opening to 2.59pm, we’ll function on shutters down mode. This reduces walk-ins and chances of contamination. To open the shutters for one person, we’ll have to wear gloves, masks etc. and then open. So, don’t ask that of us. We’re friendly neighbourhood and all that… but apparently so is this virus!
- Putting bike fits on hold: There is no way to do a bike fit while maintaining social distance. So, till there is an all-clear, we’re suspending all bike fits.
- Sanitising the store: We’re amping up cleaning the store, wiping surfaces, cleaning tools we’re using across all of us. Only those of us with no tiredness, cold, cough, fever are physically in the store and handling bikes.
- Social distancing: No handshakes and hugs. There’s a 2 arm distance policy, including when you hand off your bike. In the workshop area, there is a yellow caution tape zone that cordons off those of us working on bikes.
- “Off, damn spot”: Plenty of handwash instructions in the restrooms and washing areas. Plenty of in-house hand made hand sanitiser.
Please note: This is a reactive page and our rules of engagement will change to keep up with health and well-being directives from state and central authorities.
If there is restriction on non-essential storefronts to close or a curfew imposed from any day onwards, we will, obviously, comply.
Other Resources for you:
India dashboard made by the folks at Kiprosh.
InformationIsBeautiful’s datapack: Understanding the virus outbreak, at risk population, incubation periods etc. You can also use this to educate your store staff in whatever language they understand best.
Simulations of the exponential curve and how to flatten it.